The only secular stone structure dating from before 1666 is the Guild Hall. It always carries royal essence as Guild Hall is the third largest civic hall in England, where royalty and state visitors have been entertained down the centuries. Guild Hall is located on the city of London off Gresham and Basing hall streets,a very aristocratic place indeed. It is considered to be the most important part of administrative and ceremonial works of Corporation of London. It has been used as a Town Hall for several years. Guild Hall also has the facilities of uninterrupted transport as the nearest London Underground Stations are Bank, St. Paul’s and Moor gate. Guild Hall provides various public facilities and Guild Hall complex houses, the office of the city of London’s Corporation.
The name “Guild Hall” came from the Anglo Saxon word “Gild” which means payment with the “Gild hall” being where citizens would pay their taxes If one can listen voice of imagination he should visit Guild Hall as legendary British history made the Guild Hall’s site,site of the palace of Brutus of Troy. Also the first documentary reference to a London Guild Hall is dated 1128. Legendary tales always circled round the Guild Hall as the legends of two giants Gog and Magog and their defeat.